Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 3, 2008

StoryTelling

Thursday 1st May 2008
Went to the Children's Season StoryTelling Session at the National Museum as part of my birthday celebration.
The Atelier at National Museum is a nice huge room.
There were these nice Ikea children's table and chairs arrange nicely at the 2 sides of the rooms with two carpets in the middle.
We were the 1st to arrive and all my friends came early too.

every1 waiting eagerly for the storytelling to start.

The host then invited the children to sit on the carpet as the storytelling was going to start.

I think I'm grown up and is independant. I went to sit in the middle of the carpet on my own.

Oh well.. in the end, I still went to sit with Mummy at the side.

The storytelling started! Joshua and I listening intensely.

So is Rowena in the background. She's younger than me but independant too. She's sitting there all by herself.

Check out the crowd and the camera man in the background. There were like 3 huge video cameras in the room that day.


the story tellers: Monsters under the bed.

Actually we didn't enjoy the storytelling at all.

It was no storytelling. it was something different. Too different for us 2-year-olds.

They hang up pictures of objects and we were supposed to talk about it...

e.g. like this clock the jiejie's holding... you're supposed to say anything else that looks like the clock but not say "clock", like you should say "pizza" or something.

well... that's too chim for us.

For us, it's an achivement to say "clock" when the picture shows clock. and if you have to say "no" to us when we say "clock", we're confused.

After a while, I told Mummy, "I want nainai time." which translates: "I'm bored, I want to sleep so give me milk."

One of mummy's friend heard a boy saying, "Mummy, I'm bored, take me out."

Sorry, Monsters, but this is just not for us 2-year-olds. We prefer the usual, old storytelling.

Later Mummy went home to double check (cos she somehow remembered that it was stated that the storytelling was for toddlers) and she realised that it's actually for 3 - 8 years old.

Oh well, Mummy, one year does make a difference.

but maybe it's more suitable for 4 years old and above.

For those interested, click on the picture below for more details and other dates for the storytelling session.

No comments: