Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Lord is my Shepherd

Today's my 1st time at a funeral. Actually, it's not a funeral, it's a memorial service for my late 2nd-Grand-Uncle-in-law. woh. what a mouthful.

This psalm was the sermon passage:
Psalm 23
A psalm of David. ( 大 卫 的 诗 。 )

The LORD is my shepherd 耶 和 华 是 我 的 牧 者 ,
I shall not be in want. 我 必 不 致 缺 乏 。

He makes me lie down in green pastures
他 使 我 躺 卧 在 青 草 地 上 ,
he leads me beside quiet waters 领 我 在 可 安 歇 的 水 边 。

he restores my soul. 他 使 我 的 灵 魂 苏 醒 ,
He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
为 自 己 的 名 引 导 我 走 义 路 。
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
我 虽 然 过 死 荫 的 幽 谷 ,
I will fear no evil, 也 不 怕 遭 害 ,
for you are with me; 因 为 你 与 我 同 在 ;
your rod and your staff, 你 的 杖 , 你 的 竿 ,
they comfort me. 都 安 慰 我 。
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
在 我 敌 人 面 前 , 你 为 我 摆 设 筵 席 ;
You anoint my head with oil; 你 用 油 膏 了 我 的 头 ,
my cup overflows. 使 我 的 福 杯 满 溢 。

Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
我 一 生 一 世 必 有 恩 惠 慈 爱 随 着 我 ;
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
我 且 要 住 在 耶 和 华 的 殿 中
forever. 直 到 永 远 。

just realised that this psalm contains my name! Indeed, papa wants God to be my Shepherd, for me to be lead by God, used by God.

If u do a search on the net for psalm 23, u will find many interesting things. Some I found:
1. a flash movie to make reading the psalm easy
2. Psalm 23 in Hebrew, the language it was written
3. Lessons for children based on the psalm. it's really fun. Mummy, u must do it with me, ok?

No comments: